Monday, May 28, 2012

ECEA PBER Clock Run Enduro


Race Report: ECEA Enduro Series Round 6: PBER Clock Run Enduro
Rider: Zack Huberty
Bike: MotoFIT KTM 200 XC
Result: A-200 3rd, 16th Overall

Report:
As the season progresses, my expectations of myself are getting set higher as I want to be a consistent top 20 rider.  Unfortunately, I had a lot of bike work to do before the Clock Run enduro.  I had to change some seals and put a whole new clutch in along with regular maintenance.  I tried to change some of my suspension settings as well in order to get them working correctly for some high speed, bumpy fire cuts.  After reviewing the rider confirmation for the race, I got mentally prepared for a very fast paced day that would require my full concentration.
Once our line took off at the race, we quickly realized that the dust would be a factor throughout the day.  The first timed section of the day featured some very fast fire cuts and sand roads that were hard to keep pace at a 36mph speed average.  I did my best to stay on time but I didn’t feel safe at those high speeds in the whoops.  I decided to back it down a notch because my rear was bucking side to side (my error on the settings).  I just missed the flip for this section by 6 seconds which was disappointing.  We then went to gas and we started the longest section of the day.  This section was about 16 miles and was broken into two sections.  I rode pretty well through here and was mistake free, but I had a lot of trouble with lappers.  In the fire cuts, lappers would not pull out of the way which made it dangerous.  I ended up dropping a respectable score, but I think I could have done better with a little more fine tuning of my rear shock.
Unfortunately, those were the only points dropping sections of the day, but I was able to come out in 3rd place and 16th overall.  I am trying to ride consistently and in the top 20 every weekend.  I am still learning every ride and learning how to ride conservatively and smart.  This coming weekend we will head to the RORR enduro for some rock racing!
I would like to thank the support of my family and friends, especially my dad for his race support, as well as my sponsors which are Johnny Limp at Torc1Racing, Drew Smith at WER Suspension, Mike at MotoFIT, PowerSeal USA, FMF, Jerod Stoner at JS Designs for the jersey lettering, EKS Brand Goggles, P3, All Balls Racing, Sixsixone, Mika Metals, N-Style, Vertex Pistons, Fly Racing, DT-1 Filters, Motorex, Hinson Clutch Components, Acerbis, and Clockwork KTM.

A-200 Class Results
1) Timothy Mettinger (KTM) 10-587
2) Steve Aretz (KTM) 14-824
3) Zack Huberty (MotoFIT KTM) 15-884
4) Matt Pratola (KTM) 15-935
5) Ron Decaro 18-1087

For more information:
Check WER Suspension out on Facebook “Works Enduro Rider (WER)”
Check MotoFIT Motorsports out on Facebook “MotoFIT”
Check Zack Huberty out on Facebook “Zack Huberty”
Check Zack Huberty’s Blog http://zackhuberty323racing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment