Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pine Hill Enduro


Photo by Becky Taylor

Race Report: ECEA Enduro Series Round 4: Pine Hill Enduro
Rider: Zack Huberty
Bike: MotoFIT KTM 200 XC
Result: A-200 3rd

Report:
It took a little longer than usual to get results for this enduro, but it was definitely an enduro to remember.  Since school just finished, I was looking forward to the Pine Hill Enduro.  Historically, it has always been known as a time-keeper.  I got there Sunday morning, and felt prepared for a good day.  Unfortunately, the day was uneventful and featured no points taking sections.  It did give me some good seat time though and allowed me to get used to sand whoops again.  Even though the enduro was kind of boring, I took the time to practice some techniques while out on the trail.  Any time on the bike is better than no time on the bike.
At the end of the day, I was able to drop a 0 for the day; however, a lot of others did the same.  The final placing all came down to seconds which I knew weren’t the best for the day since we ran into some computer problems.  The race was won by the best time keeper for the day.  After a week, the final results came out and I was surprised to see that I was 15th overall which is my best finish yet.  It is good to see that some of my hard work is paying off and that things are starting to click.  I am looking forward to the National enduro style enduro coming up next week which is the Delaware Enduro.

I would like to thank the support of my family and friends, especially my dad for his race support, as well as my sponsors which are Johnny Limp at Torc1Racing, Drew Smith at WER Suspension, Mike at MotoFIT, PowerSeal USA, FMF, Jerod Stoner at JS Designs for the jersey lettering, EKS Brand Goggles, P3, All Balls Racing, Sixsixone, Mika Metals, N-Style, Vertex Pistons, Fly Racing, DT-1 Filters, Motorex, Hinson Clutch Components, Acerbis, and Clockwork KTM. Also, thanks to the Kulp family for all of their help at the races.

A-200 Class Results
1) Steve Aretz (KTM) 0-35
2) Ron Decaro (KTM) 0-37
3) Zack Huberty (MotoFIT KTM) 0-49
4) John Castaldi (Kawi) 1-137
5) Matt Pratola (KTM) 4-175


For more information:
Check WER Suspension out on Facebook “Works Enduro Rider (WER)”
Check MotoFIT Motorsports out on Facebook “MotoFIT”
Check Zack Huberty out on Facebook “Zack Huberty”
Check Zack Huberty’s Blog http://zackhuberty323racing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment