Wednesday, May 30, 2012

ECEA RORR Enduro: 1st and top 15 Overall!



Race Report: ECEA Enduro Series Round 7: RORR Enduro
Rider: Zack Huberty
Bike: MotoFIT KTM 200 XC
Result: A-200 1st, 15th Overall

Report:
            It’s been a long four weeks as we have had four enduros back to back since I finished my sophomore year at Penn State. The terrain has been totally different each weekend so tire selection and suspension settings have been a big key.  Prior to the RORR enduro, I got a Vee Rubber Trials Tire and a Tech Tube from Drew Smith.  On Thursday, I rode with Jamie (AA) and Pete Wright (Asr) to try it out.  This was my first time using a trials tire and I liked it a lot in the rocks.  My trouble in the rocks has always been the rock gardens where I usually get hung up.  With the trials tire, I just pick a line and go through it without any difficulties.
            I arrived at the race on Sunday morning to the surprise of a track that had been rained on all night.  I got ready for a long day with high temperatures and humidity.  The first section of the day was about 6 miles of slimy, rocky, and tight trails.  I got some of my first arm-pump of the year here, stalled a few times, and had a tip-over so I wasn’t flawless.  I still dropped a respectable score.  In the next section, I had my best section of the day in a 10-mile piece where I was able to pass a competitor (also in A-200) who was two minutes ahead of me.  I rode flawless in this section and rode smooth.  For the rest of the day, I continued to ride smooth and not ride out of control.   My consistency was rewarded at the end of the day when I won my first A-200 race and finished 15th overall.  The trials tire gave me added confidence in areas where I usually struggle.
            As always, there is always room for improvement and my hunger for success only grows.  I need to get better in my first sections in the rocks and I also need to push myself a little harder in order to set faster section times.  I plan to rest up this week and make some more bike set-up changes for the upcoming enduro.  I then plan to ride two times before the RRMC enduro in two weeks.  I’d like to take the time to say that I am excited about a new sponsor that came on board, Unabiker.  They make awesome radiator guards and are in the works on some different skid plates.  Check them out at Unabiker.com.
I would like to thank the support of my family and friends, especially my dad for his race support, as well as my sponsors which are Johnny Limp at Torc1Racing, Drew Smith at WER Suspension, Mike at MotoFIT, PowerSeal USA, Unabiker, FMF, Jerod Stoner at JS Designs for the jersey lettering, EKS Brand Goggles, P3, All Balls Racing, Sixsixone, Mika Metals, N-Style, Vertex Pistons, Fly Racing, DT-1 Filters, Motorex, Hinson Clutch Components, Acerbis, and Clockwork KTM.

A-200 Class Results
1) Zack Huberty (MotoFIT KTM) 39-802
2) Timothy Mettinger (KTM) 40-865
3) Ron Decaro (KTM) 55-1190
4) Joseph Ferraro (KTM) 78-1757
5) Dennis Mann (GG) 104-2058

For more information:
Check WER Suspension out on Facebook “Works Enduro Rider (WER)”
Check MotoFIT Motorsports out on Facebook “MotoFIT”
Check Zack Huberty out on Facebook “Zack Huberty”
Check Zack Huberty’s Blog http://zackhuberty323racing.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment